SECURITY DAY 2021 FACEBOOK CONTEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) shall apply to the Security Officer Day 2021 Facebook Contest (the “Contest”) organised by KnowledgeTree Training Centre Pte. Ltd. (“KnowledgeTree”).
- By taking part in the Contest, all participants (including winners) agree to be bound by:
- the Terms and Conditions; and
- the prevailing Facebook Terms and Conditions of Use,
which may be amended from time to time, without notice.
- By participating in the Contest, the Participants (including winners) are deemed to have consented to:
- the collection, use and disclosure of his/her name, image, voice and/or likeness by KnowledgeTree for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without any payment and/or compensation except where prohibited by law; and
- receiving promotional, marketing, and other publicity information from KnowledgeTree from time to time.
- The Contest commences 19 June 2021, 1200 hours, and ends 3 July 2021, 1200 hours (“Contest Duration”). Only entries submitted during this period will be accepted.
- Participants will be required to comment the correct answer on our contest post. Comments with the correct answer within the Contest Duration will deemed as a qualified submission by KnowledgeTree.
- Twenty (20) qualified submissions with the right answer will be randomly picked by KnowledgeTree, and the winners will each receive a limited edition KnowledgeTree 15th Anniversary Memorabilia Gift Set (worth S$100).
- Each participant is only allowed to submit one entry. In the event of repeated, only the first submission will be considered.
- KnowledgeTree reserves the right to disqualify and/or remove any entry that does not meet the requirement set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- In the event whereby a winner is disqualified from the Contest, KnowledgeTree may decide whether an alternate winner should be selected.
- In the event whereby there are more than 20 comments with the correct answer, KnowledgeTree will select 20 lucky winners randomly at the discretion of KnowledgeTree.
- Employees of KnowledgeTree, its affiliates, media and advertising agencies, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Existing students of KnowledgeTree and non-students are eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Participants must be 18 years and above (as of the start of the Contest Duration) and be a Singapore citizen, Singapore permanent resident or Singapore resident (with a valid employment pass or work permit) to participate in the Contest.
Selection & announcement of winners
- The twenty (20) winners will be selected randomly by KnowledgeTree by 6 July 2021. KnowledgeTree will then privately message the winners on Facebook to request for their details for verification. After the successful verification of all winners, KnowledgeTree will announce their names on its Facebook page by 9 July 2021.
- The dates of selection of winning entries and announcement of winners are subject to changes without notice.
collection of prize
- The winners have (14) working days to collect their prizes from the date their names are announced on KnowledgeTree’s Facebook page.
- KnowledgeTree reserves the right to deal with an unclaimed prize in any manner it deems fit.
- The prize is non-transferable, unless stated otherwise and non-exchangeable for cash, and may be subject to availability. KnowledgeTree reserves the right to replace the prize with an item of similar value without prior notice. The prize will be awarded on an “as is” basis, and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed. KnowledgeTree does not guarantee nor bear liability regarding the quality, performance, technical specifications, conditions, or safety of the prize.
- Each participant in the Contest represents and warrants that all materials, documents, information, and forms submitted or created by him or her in connection with the Contest does not infringe on the rights of any party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights relating to any patent, trademark or brand name registered or enforceable anywhere in the world. Such participant shall indemnify KnowledgeTree and its affiliates against any claims, liability, damages, costs, and expenses incurred by KnowledgeTree and its affiliates arising out of or in connection with any such infringement (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis), and shall at the request of KnowledgeTree, defend any action brought against KnowledgeTree and its affiliates for any such claim for liability and/or damages.
- The participant shall not own any intellectual property rights (including moral rights) to any of his or her work or creations submitted in connection with the Contest and accordingly agrees to unconditionally waive all such rights.
- All worldwide intellectual property rights, in any work or submission by any participant created in connection with the Contest shall be unconditionally vested in and owned by KnowledgeTree without further action but the participant shall execute any documentation in favour of KnowledgeTree for such purposes where necessary or required. KnowledgeTree shall have the right to create derivative works there from and sub-license any such works to any third party at its discretion without compensation to any participant.
- By entering this Contest, all participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless KnowledgeTree and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities or for (i) any printing or typographical errors in any materials or communication associated with the Contest and (ii) any use of the prize.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of KnowledgeTree by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- KnowledgeTree shall not be liable to the participants for any injuries, losses, or damages in respect of, in connection with and/or arising from the Contest.
- KnowledgeTree reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it deems inappropriate or unsuitable or detrimental to the KnowledgeTree brand (including, without limitation the use of vulgarity).
- THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAWS. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or on connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and any participant expressly waives any and all such rights.
- KnowledgeTree reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or the identity of the participant (including a participant’s email address). KnowledgeTree reserves the right to remove any entries or block any users using profanity, racial slurs, foul language, or comments that may be deemed as an attack on KnowledgeTree or the Contest. By participating in this Contest to these Terms and Conditions, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.
- Failure by KnowledgeTree to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- KnowledgeTree’s decision, in relation to the Contest, is final and binding. No appeal will be entertained.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of KnowledgeTree that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, KnowledgeTree reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If KnowledgeTree elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, KnowledgeTree will not retain any rights in the submitted entries.
- The selected winner will be required to furnish his or her personal information for identification purposes, for administering this Contest and to comply with regulatory requirements.
- By furnishing their personal data, the winner agree that such data may be accessed, stored or otherwise processed in any medium or format determined by KnowledgeTree, and may be transmitted across jurisdictional borders for storage and processing by KnowledgeTree, its affiliated entities or its service providers.
- All personal data furnished by participants and collected in connection with this Contest will be subject to KnowledgeTree’s Personal Data Protection Policy which is available at KnowledgeTree’s website (https://www.ktree.com.sg/pdpa-policy).
- Each participant of this Contest grants Facebook a complete release from any liability and exempts KnowledgeTree from any liability arising from any act, omission, or default in connection with the use and operation of the operating platforms for Facebook over which KnowledgeTree has no control. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and all participants are providing information to KnowledgeTree and not to Facebook.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore law and each participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- The Contest is conducted solely for the branding purposes of KnowledgeTree as a company and not its courses.